The Italian Association for Research in Dance was legally established in April 2001, thanks to a group of scholars of dance.
- To promote, coordinate and develop theoretical and historical studies and research in dance;
- To collect and spread, in Italy and abroad, information concerning lectures and symposia, research projects,
publications, programmes, classes, seminars and workshops of universities, academies and other institutes;
- To identify and enhance the Italian documentary heritage, promoting and coordinating cataloguing projects,
and establishing a dance national public archive, papery, audiovisual and electronic;
- To foster communication and relations among dance scholars and the various Italian and foreign institutions.
- To organize and take part into meetings, debates, lectures, congresses, exhibitions and cultural initiatives,
to deepen and spread the dance research;
- To raise funds for scholarships and awards, to be appointed both young and experienced scholars;
- To oversee production, publication and dissemination of bibliographic, audiographic,
video/cinematographic and multimedial scientific materials.